Monday, September 8, 2008

Got to get in the habit....

So never having blogged before and not having kids to brag about about... i really have to work get in the habit of this whole blogging thing...

So, where to start....

I have had the chance to do a couple of really fun things lately. Let's start with the Monet to Picasso exhibit at the Utah Museum of Fine Art. Last weekend I spent the day with the masters and spent sometime with family in the process. I have always been a lover of fine art but in the last few years I have really come to appreciate the talent and vision of a few artists in particular. I was able to see a few pieces from two of my favorites....Picasso and Rodin.




Once I wondered around the exhibit I decided to try and create a little art of my own.... This is a photo of the UMFA sign on the outside of the building. It isn't great, but practice makes perfect right?


After a little classic culture I spent Wednesday night in a more modern setting. The Nine Inch Nails concert... that's right you heard it here first... NIN... I have to say I was a little hesitant to go see Nine Inch Nails however.... I will tell you right now... it was far and above anything I expected. Now I have been to a lot of concerts in my day and I have to say this was one of the most spectacular shows I have ever seen. Now there are groups whos music I enjoy more than NIN but the show they put on was AMAZING! The lighting alone could have held my interest.
Here are a couple shots of some of the cool lighting effects.



So there are a few of my latest adventures... More to come...

No comments: